Monday, December 15, 2008

More Proof That It Really IS Different In the I.E.

I picked Citrine as today’s fractal image for one reason alone: it’s green. (And if you can’t figure out why that’s important from reading this post maybe you shouldn’t be reading my blog, operating heavy machinery, going out unaccompanied…)
-
The past few days there has been a lot of coverage in our local paper, the Press Enterprise, centering around some Hemet Senior Citizen complaining about their home on a golf course being damaged by golf balls. Frankly, I don’t get it: yes, I understand the need to bitch (I do that often enough in my blog--I'm doing it now!) but for the newspaper to spend multiple days covering the story and having people write letters to the editor? Say what you will about the Orange County Register--they never wasted their ink and my time covering such a complete non-story.
-
Come on people! Is there some function of being a Senior Citizen that causes you to lose your mind? What did they really expect was going to happen on a Golf Course??? You’d think that they would have had SOME idea of the potential trouble living in such a spot would entail: complaining about it after the fact reminds me of people who buy homes under a flight path and then complain about airport noise. (It’s a different story if homeowner was there first but that’s just not the case here.) Suck it up and deal!
-
Of course, it must be nice to live in a community so devoid of “real” news that our newspaper could devote so much ink. Dunno what, if anything, to say about that other than to note the fact so I guess I’ll simply make the note and move on. We never had this kind of problem in Orange County (or if we did the paper had more important things to do than air local citizens complaints). Is that a good thing? Honestly, I don’t know but it’s something worth thinking about…

No comments: