Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh God, I'm A Shameless Whore

I think I've used the Venus fractal as a "cookie" before. It's kindasorta vaguely related I suppose (Venus being the Goddess of Love and the associations with venereal diseases and all) Come one people! Picking abstract images that relate to the posts can be difficult! I'm trying my best here. Ah well--on with the confession...
-
I came late to the cyberworld: we didn't even have a personal computer in our house until September of 2000 (and I still don't fully utilize the damn thing). I posted a few fractals on My Space and Live Journal but it's been so long that I've forgotten my user IDs in both places (and I may have changed e-Mail addresses since I last looked at either of these. My real life friend Bill Fugard incited me to be his Facebook friend so I signed up for that. And that's where the trouble started...
-
Having nothing to do I started poking around Facebook and started finding other "RL" friends there--and they have A LOT of friends! My "real" life isn't exciting enough for Facebook though (although I do poke around lists of friends of friends so I can add them to my list). Still, I have so few friends that I often feel like a complete nobody. I, like of so many others in the cyberworld have gotten myself sucked into an imaginary competition as to who can have to most friends. Worse--this has spread to my blog...
-
I'm actually rather proud of my blog: I've been writing posts since Valentine's Day 2007 and manage to get at least a few posts a month. The blog is Robyn's fault: she got tired of me ranting about stuff I saw on TV and read in our local paper. "Why are you constantly complaining?" she asked me. "Why don't you DO something constructive! That's when I got the idea to start the blog. First was my news and political commentary and then I decided to add the movie and theater reviews (because I wanted to share my thoughts with the world). Here and there I sprinkled in a few "random" things because it was my blog and I could.
-
I even got some "e-Friends" to start blogs: Mike Vivian and Teresa Kuhl started blogs and they both have more followers than I do! I've been writing this thing for three years and don't have ANY followers! Is it my breath? My political views? Is it not focused enough? What? Inquiring minds want to know! I have now come to realize that I am truly a shameless whore. I am reduced to begging for readership and the crumb of a comment now and then. Yes, I am a truly sad individual...
-
Hello?
-
Is anyone out there?
-
Hello... Hello?
-
(more than) 'nuff said

No comments: