Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Weiner Gets Bitten

If you can't figure out why I chose an image called Zipzap to "grace" a post about Congressman Anthony Weiner please quit reading my blog and crawl back under the rock (under which you've obviously been living for quite a while).  Of course, if you are beaming in from another country (and are interested in an American scandal) please feel free to enjoy today's rant.
-
I had originally intended NOT to comment on "Weinergate" (after all--what more can anyone say?).  Still, lest I get chastised by my right-wing readers (hey Tanya! hey Lance!) I felt compelled to say something (lest I be accused of indiscriminate "Republican bashing").  In the end--all I can think to ask is this one question: TONE-BONE!  WHY DID YOU THINK YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH THIS???
-
Sexual escapes (and stupidity it seems) cross party lines.  What makes these fools think they can do this with impunity?  Back in the "good old days" (?!)  the Press covered it but but today we need our scandal to distract us from economic woes, messy social issues and "unwinable" wars.  It's sad that a promising career gets derailed for a few cheap thrills.  Was it worth it Congressman?  Especially in light of what happened to another Congressman who sent a bare-chested photo of himself to a female who wasn't his wife.
-
What I find particularly disturbing is the way Rep. Weiner awkwardly lied when the scandal came out.  Come one guy!  You claimed your Twitter account was "hacked" but didn't request an investigation.  Sorry--you lost me right there!  Oh--and lets not forget about the part where he would neither confirm or deny whether the picture was of him.  So, so very stupid.  Once it was out there you should have realized there was no way out of this except to admit what you did and take the consequences.  Luckily for Anthony Weiner stupidity isn't a criminal offense--otherwise he'd be in jail for a very long time.
-
'nuff said.

No comments: