Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mother of Mercy! Is This The END of the "Birthers"???

The story takes another turn so I chose Wheels Within Wheels as the "fractal cookie" for today's rant.  Enjoy it unless you have other plans.
-
So, after years and years of kvetching by the Birthers Barack Obama FINALLY released a long-form Birth Certificate from the State of Hawaii which (if there's any rationality left in the world) should prove once and for all that he IS a Citizen of the United States--and thus able to hold the office of President.  Will it silence the "Birthers" once and for all?  Honestly, I hope so but my faith in sheer stubborn stupidity tells me they'll find something else equally spurious to latch onto so they can keep up their irrational campaign.
-
Why it took Obama so long to actually RELEASE the long-form Birth Certificate I have no idea and right now I lack the imagination to speculate.  That being said, I always thought things like Birth Certificates were a matter of public record: am I wrong to assume that ANYONE can go to a County Records Office and request a copy of a Birth Certificate?  That should have been enough to silence the questions once and for all.  And yet it wasn't...
-
In my humble opinion Donald Trump really took a credibility hit by championing the Birther cause.  He has said--in multiple interviews--that the investigators he hired were finding "astonishing things".  I, for one, am still waiting to be astonished.  Did they find ANYTHING?  I think we all know the answer to that: no, they didn't find anything BECAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING TO FIND!  Now that the long form Birth Certificate is out I'll be very interested to find out if Trump lets this drop.  Further, I'll be interested if the Media decides to let this drop should Trump decide to run for the Presidency in 2012.  (Anyone want to take bets?)  So I guess we'll just have to wait for the next turn of the wheel to see how this story shakes out...
-
'nuff said.

3 comments:

Vendla said...

I never could understand why everyone was in such a furor over the birth certificate "conspiracy". Honestly I think they were yelling because *gasp* he is "colored" and *gasp* his father was a "foreigner". *rolling eyes*

Birth records ARE a matter of public record, which goes to prove what you pointed out...some people are fucking idiots! Well DUH if you doubt someone's birth nationality go look up the damned PUBLIC records. *ding ding ding*

Baron von Renable said...

People should say this aloud: "Republicans, Democrats, the body that certifies the electablity of candidates and the press have all conspired to give the Presidency to someone who is unable to serve." If this sounds as dumb as it did when you HEAR it as when I WROTE it--then it probably is.

Mind you, I totally get why a lot of folks don't like Obama--but the birth issue and how he got into Harvard is just a lot of smoke.

Vendla said...

I couldn't agree more!! Bunch of racist, conspiracy nuts wanting to scream about shit that covers up the fact they are dangerous hate mongering morons