Wednesday, May 28, 2008

An Interesting Way To Support Our Troops




Today's post is about quilting so I decided to use one of my QUILT series (#9 to be precise). I don't have a red, white and blue image so this is as close as I could come to the colors of our flag. (If you can't figure out why I'd want that from the title you probably shouldn't be reading my blog.

-
A bit ago (May 16th to be exact) I had a bit of a dust up with my sister Jane over my “Blue Friday” post. (I think it had a lot more to do with miscommunication than anything else.) We have (I hope) resolved the issue and come to an understanding to agreeably disagree on certain issues. During our talk she pointed out that she has been doing something unique to support our troops in her own way. It was so interesting I thought I should highlight and celebrate it here.
-
My sisters Jane (Chick), has been working with a group called the Quilts Of Valor Foundation. These dedicated quilters from around the country have come together with the intention of providing every wounded Veteran with a quilt. No matter what you think of the war I think this is a good thing. Here’s a link to the QoV web site for those wanting more information. http://www.qovf.org/ . This will take you directly to the web site and provide all the information you could want on this worthwhile organization.
-
This post also has a couple of pictures of recent quilts my sisters Jane, Andrea (Keskey) and Tanya (Manley) did for the Wounded Warrior Program based out of Camp Pendleton. I don’t think it is affiliated with QoV but they pretty much do the same thing--providing quilts to wounded Veterans. As pretty as they are in the pictures I assure you they are SPECTACULAR in person. I’m glad I had the chance to spotlight their art and the great work of the Quilts of Valor Foundation and the Wounded Warrior Program.

No comments: