Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Own Personal "Bucket List"

I chose Overflight as today's fractal because it reminds me of a balloon in the air. You'll have to read the post to see why that is important.
-
Recently I've discovered I'm becoming more concerned about my own mortality. I realize that my life will end in a (relatively) short time so I need to start getting to the business of what I want to do before I finally "kick the bucket". I mentioned in my last post that I wanted to see Spamalot (which I did) so now--here is the rest of my list (which may or may not change).
-
O1) SEE A BROADWAY SHOW ON BROADWAY: there's nothing like the experience of seeing a Broadway-style musical on the Great White Way (or so I've been told). It doesn't really matter what I see as long as I see SOMETHING. The list is in no particular order.
-
And while I'm on the subject of Broadway here's something else I'd like to do that's related... 02) SEE MAMA MIA: I've been wanting to see this show for YEARS but circumstances have always conspired against me. (Either I had no money when the show came to town or I was out of town when a company came close to me.) I liked the movie (in spite of Pierce Brosnan's vocal stylings) but it just ain't the same as seeing the show on stage.
-
03) TAKE AN ALASKA CRUISE: I've always found cruising to be a great way to travel and I think a cruise to Alaska woudl be a great way to see the state.
-
04) SEE FALL FOLIAGE IN NEW ENGLAND: I've always been entranced by the rolling hills of New England covered in red, orange and gold. I'd really like to see that for myself.
-
05) VISIT NEW ZEALAND: the photos look spectacular and my half-Niece Audrey lives there. There's nothing like a resident to give you an insider's tour. Her husband sounds like a pretty awesome dude and I'd like to meet him at some point.
-
06) TAKE A HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE: just something I think would be cool to do--and since we live near Temecula (which has a lot of hot-air balloon companies) I actually have a pretty good chance of making this happen sooner rather than later.
-
07) VISIT A CORN MAZE: it's just dumb but I want to do it. Dunno why.
-
08) SKYDIVE: I've always wanted to do it since I was a kid. Of course I'd probably chicken out if/when I got the opportunity but I still want to do it.
-
09) SEE BRYCE, ZION and MONUMENT VALLEY: because they are so beautiful.
-
10) SWIM WITH DOLPHINS: what more needs be said?
-
11) GET MY NOVEL PUBLISHED: OK, first I have to write one but still...
-
12) VISIT IRELAND: I'm a self-confessed "transnational". I may have been born half-French but deep down in my heart I've always been an Irishman. Yes, I'm coming out of the ethnic closet and saying loud and proud--I'm Galic! That's why I need to visit the "auld sod" once before I die.
-
13) ADOPT A MASTIFF: not that Robyn would ever let me do that but it's on the list.
-
14) TAKE A TRAIN THROUGH THE CANADIAN ROCKIES because I like trains and it would be a beautiful trip. And while I'm on the subject of trains... 15) RIDE THE SILVERTON-DURANGO RAILROAD at least one way--probably only one way.)
-
15) RECORD AN ALBUM. If I'm going to do this I really need to get to it before my voice deteriorates any further.
-
16) RE-CONSTRUCT ALL THE "URBAN-ASSAULT CAROLS" I WROTE: maybe these parodies weren't all that good but I enjoyed writing them--and folks seem to enjoy them. Somehow they got lost and I need to find/re-write them.
-
17) LEARN TO BALLROOM DANCE: I love to dance but I suck at it. Besudes, it's great exercise! All I really need to do is persuade Robyn to do it with me.
-
18) SEE MARY-CHAPIN CARPENTER IN CONCERT: dunno why I love her so much but I do. I think seeing her live--especially in a small venue--would be really cool.
-
19) SEE THE ROSE PARADE IN PERSON: I can't remember a year when I haven't NOT watched the Tournament of Roses Parade from start to finish. Just once I'd like to see the event live and in person.
-
20) BE SHOT BY A JEALOUS HUSBAND ON MY 100th BIRTHDAY. What better way is there to shuffle off this mortal coil?
-
-nuff said.

1 comment:

Tigger said...

Let us know when you're done with making that recording!