Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Latest From The "Now I've Heard Everything" File

Today's fractal "cookie" is Blaster because that's what I'll be doing in today's post.  Now--on with the rant!
-
I've come to expect a certain amount of "Silly Season" stuff during campaigns: sometimes I think it's funny but other times it just gets so out there that any half-way sane person literally has to wake up and go--say WHAT???  You think to yourself--did I REALLY just hear that???  So, being the half-way sane person you are you go CHECK and find that, yes indeed, you really DID hear that.  Then you just scratch your head and wonder...
-
My latest "say WHAT???" moment came courtesy of my "favorite" conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh.  You problem wouldn't believe me if I told you so use the link that follows to hear it for yourself. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFA-e0R6l_s )  All I could think when I heard this was "really Rush--really???  You're kidding right?  Please tell me you're kidding..."  It is so completely silly that I found myself wondering if the dude is really that stupid or if he thinks his listeners are.  (My money is on Option Two.)
-
So, for all you Conspiracy Theorists out there--here's the real story: Bane first appeared in the Batman comics in January 1993.  The rough draft for The Dark Knight Rises was done in 2008 and the approximate release-date for the movie was determined shortly thereafter.  Back then NOBODY was worried about whether Mitt Romney would be running for President in 2012 or that his former company Bane Capital would become an issue (or non-issue depending on which side of the political spectrum you come down on).  NOW--follow this carefully kiddies--either the "Evil Geniuses" of the Liberal Media either have the gift of precognition or this is just one of those weird coincidences.  (Box Office receipes for movies like John Carter and Cowboys and Aliens indicate otherwise though.)
-
Clearly, Limbaugh doesn't respect his listeners.  If he did he'd confine himself to REAL issues.  This is a tempest in a teapot that distracts from the real issues--and there are plenty of those that merit discussion.  Why not talk about those?
-
'nuff said.

No comments: