Thursday, September 22, 2011

All Hail The New "Burger King"

I was looking for an image that was red, black and white (like the Five Guys Burgers And Fries colors) but I could only find one image that I'd used a bunch of times.  So I chose Squared Arabic 35 because of its gold coloring.  (Crowns are gold and this post IS about the new "Burger King"...)  Now that you have the scoop on with the review!
-
Several years ago (then-Candidate) Barack Obama caused a bit of a local controversy when hesaid that Five Guys made the best burger.  A lot of locals (including some News Anchors) were incensed that he would disrespect local chain In-N-Out Burger.  Of course at that point Five Guys had most (if not all) of their franchises east of the Mississippi.  Well now, Five Guys Burgers And Fries had made its way to the West Coast in a BIG way and, agree or disagree with Obama's policies the Prez knows his burgers!  I can say, as a burger connoisseur, that Five Guys completely blows away In-N-Out.
-
Five Guys Burgers And Fries takes the hamburger back to basics.  The restaurant has a minimum menu including hamburgers in two sizes (with or without American Cheese and Bacon), hot dogs, a grilled cheese sandwich and veggie sandwich.  You can also get fries in two sizes (made without trans fats but plenty of salt).  Burgers come with a host of toppings (all free except for the bacon and cheese).  Unlike In and Out there's no "secret menu" that you can order from to get special products.  Everything is made AFTER you order then packed in foil and sent out to you in double-quick time.  (If there's a long long it may take a bit to place your order and get your food.)  The burgers are quite wet but you can't make a better burger at home.
-
The restaurant posts justifiably rave reviews all over the red-and-white tiled walls.  One commented that the place had "all the ambiance of a clean bathroom (which is oh so true).  The tiled walls, concrete floor and metal ceiling make the place incredibly noisy but at least the metal chairs and table are reasonably comfortable.  Still, I could have done without the sterilization-volume classic rock soundtrack courtesy of SiriusXM.  Even with all this there's still no better place to mac a meal (provided if all you are looking for is a hamburger and french fries).
-
FINAL GRADE: A++   
  

3 comments:

Tigger said...

There's a Five Guys Burgers over in my little corner of the country too. I've not eaten there, but my parents have- and they would agree whole-burgeredly!

NONOBADKITTY! said...

Did you say GRILLED CHEESE?

And I just checked and there's a new one going in right next to my Dr's office! Talk about convenient! I'll have to check it out.

Baron von Renable said...

@NONOBADKITTY! I haven't tried the Grilled Cheese or Veggie and Cheese (although I might try the first one some day--IF I can ever tear myself away from those fabu burgers) but please let me know what you think if you do. (Might speed up the tasting process!)

Also--thanks for stopping by my blog. I love new readers (even if they don't stick around...)